Jul 17, 2014
Hippo reports continued record growth in First Half Year 2014
Following a historically successful first quarter, web content management and digital experience software vendor Hippo today announced new subscription-based business in H1 2014, compared to the same period in 2013 accelerated by 164%. With a near 50% subscription revenue growth rate in 2013, Hippo and its vision of truly personalized multichannel digital experiences show no sign of slowing down.
With a majority of new wins in the United States, Hippo has made major strides in the North American market, while also demonstrating solid growth in other target regions. Notable North American clients include email marketing service provider Mailchimp, the Association for Computing Machinery and NoSQL leader Couchbase, as well as several clients in the financial services, publishing, manufacturing and software industry. The company has also generated new business in the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Germany, Belgium and Finland. New clients include Internet behemoth 1&1, the Finnish Lottery (Veikkaus) as well as Hitachi Capital.
“This has been a groundbreaking half year for Hippo,” notes CEO Jeroen Verberg. “We’re proud to see so many recognizable enterprises throughout the world creating compelling digital experiences for their customers with Hippo CMS. The Web is changing, and customers now expect custom tailored digital interactions with businesses—we’re glad to have a role in shaping those relationships and making them more personal.”
Other highlights in the last half year include:
- The launch of Hippo CMS 7.9 focused on enterprise-grade extendibility for compliance and performance.
- The Hippo GetTogether, the company’s annual event, had its highest attendance to date in 2014.
- A significant expansion of Hippo’s network of global partners.
- Hippo received a top score in Dutch e-business publication Emerce’s Emerce Top 100 survey in the Commercial CMS category.
- The Dutch National Police, a prominent client, ranked #70 in the Dutch business publication Management Team’s MT500 - the 500 most admired institutions in the Netherlands. Ron de Milde, Program Director of Media Policy and Digital Media for the Police explains: “I am convinced that our innovations in how we inform citizens via www.politie.nl and internally via our new country-wide intranet, also thanks to using Hippo CMS, have contributed to our entering the list of the 500 "most admired" companies.”