HR Business Partner
Are you an experienced HR professional looking to work with an international team in a fast moving tech environment?
As an HR Business Partner your will provide broad-ranging generalist and consultancy support for directors, managers and employees. You will enable the achievement of business ambitions through the delivery of effective HR advice that is strongly linked to strategic goals. Additionally, you will take a hands on approach to advise on a more operational level. As a Business Partner you will be part of the Amsterdam People team of 4 and work closely with the HR teams in Mountain View (US) and Bangalore (India).
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Acts as a trusted HR advisor to managers, employees and other stakeholders;
- Implements global HR initiatives and ensures that local activities are aligned to the global HR strategy;
- Partners with the People team to develop HR strategies, practices, policies and programs that are both globally and locally relevant, while supporting day-to-day execution and process improvements;
- Can lead the facilitation and management of People programs rollout including -and not limited to- total compensation, employee benefits, career development, internal movement (relocation / transfers) and employee exits. Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters;
- Helps build performance management capabilities by coaching managers to effectively address performance issues and deliver effective feedback, to foster employee development and differentiate performance;
- Works closely with business to drive engagement, build morale and increase employee retention (including action planning stemming for recurring Employee Engagement Surveys);
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning;
- Identifies ways to retain and scale our unique culture as we grow;
- Manages and resolves all employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations where necessary;
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required;
- Analyzes ongoing trends and internal metrics that would help facilitate data-driven, people-related decisions;
- Participates in evaluation of training needs and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
The ideal candidate has
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree;
- 7+ years experience as a HR Generalist/Business Partner in a fast moving tech environment;
- Your job title might state “manager” but your boots are on the ground;
- In-depth and up to date HR knowledge; passion for the latest HR trends;
- A strong analytical mind and drive to solve problems;
- Experience with or a proven interest in labor law;
- Ability to develop strong relationships and influence a wide range of stakeholders within the organization;
- Detail orientation, data savvy;
- Loves to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment;
- Easily connects and talks with people on different levels and likes to guide and assist other colleagues with his/her knowledge;
- Proactive, uses initiative, able to multi-task and prioritize without close supervision;
- Native in Dutch, has excellent knowledge of English.
What we offer
A challenging position with lots of room for growth and support for personal and professional development. Work in the heart of Amsterdam with a team of fiercely intelligent, international coworkers and the world’s biggest brands. You’ll love our flat, non-hierarchical structure, open(-source) mentality, our commitment to excellence and the fierce loyalty with which we value our team members.