Commercial and Privacy Counsel (Part Time)
BloomReach B.V. is seeking a smart, well-organized and highly motivated attorney on a part-time or contract basis to support BloomReach, Inc.’s General Counsel (based in Mountain View, California) in connection with contract negotiation, contact management, and privacy issues in the EU.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting the Company’s commercial legal requirements in the EU, including managing and negotiating sales and sales–related agreements consisting of SaaS Master Services Agreements, software license agreements and other standard commercial and technology-related contracts such as non-disclosure agreements, consulting agreements and vendor/service provider agreements.
The candidate is also expected to having an interest in and a working knowledge of EU privacy rights and obligations and to be a strong contributor to the company’s privacy initiatives and the development of a compliance program with respect to the General Data Protection Regulation.
The candidate must be capable of working in a fast paced environment and must also be willing to handle routine administrative and legal tasks, in addition to the more complex tasks, and special projects as assigned.
Responsibilities (Include But Are Not Limited To)
- Provide legal support to BloomReach’s EMEA sales teams; Under the direction of the General Counsel, be a central legal point of contact for the company’s EU contract needs;
- Structure, draft and negotiate a wide range of complex technology agreements including master services agreements, SaaS software subscription agreements, software license agreements and non-disclosure agreements, and coordinate involvement of all necessary cross-functional business and technology constituents;
- Reviewing, revising and negotiating a variety of other commercial and vendor agreements;
- Participating in our standard contract administration policies and practices that support the entire contracts process including: intake, negotiating, processing, signing, filing and tracking;
- Participating in and contributing to the company’s privacy initiatives including understanding and implementing a GDPR compliance program.
The ideal candidate has
- Doctorate Degree or Masters of Laws or equivalent experience and excellent academic credentials;
- Member in good standing of the Dutch Bar;
- 4+ years (in addition to required apprenticeship) of relevant legal and privacy experience preferably with 2+ years with a well-respected in-house legal department;
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills;
- Capable of negotiating and drafting in Dutch and English (German or French a plus);
- Ability to be flexible and to efficiently and confidently balance legal risks and business concerns;
- Excellent business judgement and ability to think strategically;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; sense of humor required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- High integrity, good organizational skills and ability to analyze, plan, and execute resourcefully on multiple, simultaneous projects;
- Ability to collaborate and execute in a fast paced environment.;
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work on complex tasks independently or collaboratively, as needed;
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented environment.
What we offer
A challenging position with lots of room for growth and support for personal and professional development. Work in the heart of Amsterdam with a team of fiercely intelligent, international coworkers and the world’s biggest brands. You’ll love our flat, non-hierarchical structure, open(-source) mentality, our commitment to excellence and the fierce loyalty with which we value our team members.