Software Engineer Backend
BloomReach is solving one of the digital world’s most fundamental problems: Helping people instantly find what they need when they need to find it. Our personalization platform relies on unique algorithms paired with machine learning and data science to create peerless commerce on the world’s leading retail sites. We’ve built a commitment culture that values the support we lend each other as we work to advance our technology every day. In the end, we power the best commerce experiences — but exceptional people power us.
At the core of BloomReach’s innovative way of deeply understanding Web content is our sophisticated system that constantly crawls our customers’ websites and the wider Web. In this role, you’d be refining and iterating the Hadoop-based pipelines that allow us to crawl, parse, index, semantically analyze and model language at the speed of business. We are always on and you’d be building the high-traffic infrastructure to increase automation and improve the efficiency of the engineering team, while maintaining technical excellence in the code base.
- Scale BloomReach’s Hadoop-based data processing pipelines -- including crawling, parsing, indexing, semantic analysis and language modeling, and analytics -- to handle and maintain complex processes in an efficient and reliable way
- Core architecture and development of new features and improved performance for high-traffic, high-availability web services
- Build infrastructure and tools to increase automation, improve efficiency of the engineering team, and maintain technical excellence in the code base
- 1+ years experience building software solutions in a corporate or start up engineering environment using C++ and/or Java, Python, and Ruby
- 5+ years experience developing medium-to-large, multi-tiered web applications a big plus
- Extensive background in algorithms and strong software architecture skills
- Experience with maintaining distributed systems at significant scale in a production environment
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, including details of HTTP, common web frameworks such as Tomcat or Django, networking, and web performance engineering
- Experience with map-reduce or large-scale data processing (e.g Hadoop), Linux serving systems, and MySQL a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
If this is you and you can prove it, we’re interested in talking to you about joining our top-flight engineering team. To get the conversation started, send along a cool piece of code, a link to something you’ve built or a hack that you’re proud of. We can’t wait to have a look.