BloomReach is solving one of the digital world’s most fundamental problems: Helping people instantly find what they need when they need to find it. Our personalization platform relies on unique algorithms paired with machine learning and data science to create peerless commerce on the world’s leading retail sites. We’ve built a commitment culture that values the support we lend each other as we work to advance our technology every day. In the end, we power the best commerce experiences — but exceptional people power us.
BloomReach is changing the world’s Web experience with its Personal Discovery Platform, a big-data-fueled and machine-learning-powered engine that matches web-users’ intent with websites’ content. We’re looking for really smart engineers who are seriously into Web search, data mining, machine learning, algorithms, natural language processing and large scale systems. Oh, and specifically, we’re looking for those kinds of engineers who are also interested in joining a high-octane team at a rapidly growing company. But who isn’t? We come from Google, Amazon, Cisco, Yahoo and from Stanford, MIT, Carnegie Mellon, UC-Berkeley, and the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Come find your place and your project.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join our world class engineering team. This role will utilize both your leadership and your technical expertise to guide and enable our teams of talented engineers. As a leader on the team you will help drive the growth of our engineering team in addition to the continued growth of our products.
- Design and develop software, maintaining industry leading quality
- Mentor, advise and support engineers and ensure their continued development
- Effectively prioritize engineering decision, lead and organize team scrums, and related team leadership functions
- Able to think through problems in both a quick timeframe as well as a long term, permanent solution
- Evangelize our technology outside of BloomReach in relevant conferences or engage with community for open source technologies in use.
- Promote great design and architecture across the entire engineering team.
- Have deep understanding of the stack and help engineers through hard problems.
- Stay up to date and help us integrate the latest technologies into our infrastructure
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 10 years of software development experience in a production environment
- Extensive background in algorithms and strong software architecture skills
- Expert proficiency in at least two common languages, such as Java, C++, Python, etc.
- Experience with building and maintaining large scale distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, including details of HTTP, common web frameworks such as Tomcat or Django, networking, and web performance engineering