BloomReach brings businesses the first open and intelligent Digital Experience Platform (DXP), designed to build customer experience ecosystems which accelerate the path to conversion, increase revenue, and grow customer loyalty. We are a growing company - with offices in Mountain View, Bangalore, New York, Dallas, London and Amsterdam.
With our global network of Certified Partners, we serve a growing number of enterprise customers, such as Neiman Marcus, Bell Aliant, Staples, 1&1 Internet, Williams-Sonoma, Provinzial, Wayfair, REI, the University of Maryland and FC Bayern München. BloomReach is backed by investment firms Bain Capital Ventures, Battery Ventures, NEA, Salesforce Ventures and Lightspeed Ventures.
Our Bangalore team is a critical product development and innovation hub for the company, with many of the company’s key products and technology initiatives created and developed by the Bangalore team. BloomReach Commerce Search, our search and personalization product, was built entirely by the Bangalore team.
Principal Engineers at BloomReach are rock-star developers who own and lead the design and development of critical technology components. They are hands on, acting as gatekeepers of our project’s code bases, as well as implementing core pieces of the technology. They are the experts of the core areas in the company.
What our Principal Engineers have done :
- Developed a massively parallel crawler and an indexer that is able to crawl 3,600 QPS (~300 million pages per day)
- Architected our feed ingestion infrastructure which has drastically cut down integration time
- Introduced linear scalability and real time processing to our products which allows them to aggressively scale
- Led cross-functional teams to build a multi-tenant, dynamically scaling, globally distributed Cassandra and SolrCloud cluster, that powers our enterprise search product
- Proposed, advocated, and built in house technology stacks such as next generation load balancers, active monitoring services, and continuous load testing
- Led search relevance and quality efforts, designed and implemented a dynamic relevance and ranking formula, for product search, which took into account issues around data sparseness and quality
- Presented our innovation in SolrCloud and Cassandra architecture at both the Lucene Revolution Conference and Cassandra Summit
What you’ve done :
- You have a BE/ME/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 8-10 years of software development in a production environment
- Designed, implemented, and launched key product initiatives in your past roles
- Extensive background in algorithms and strong software architecture skills
- Expert proficiency in at least two common languages, such as Java, C++, Python, etc.
- Expertise in at least two areas of computer science - e.g. information retrieval, distributed computing, search engineering, etc.
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, including details of HTTP, common web frameworks such as Tomcat or Django, networking, and web performance engineering
Some of the projects we’ve worked on :
If this is you and you can prove it, we’re interested in talking to you about joining our top-flight engineering team. To get the conversation started, send along a cool piece of code, a link to something you’ve built or a hack that you’re proud of. We can’t wait to have a look.