BloomReach brings businesses the first open and intelligent Digital Experience Platform (DXP), designed to build customer experience ecosystems which accelerate the path to conversion, increase revenue, and grow customer loyalty. We are a growing company - with offices in Mountain View, Bangalore, New York, Dallas, London and Amsterdam.
With our global network of Certified Partners, we serve a growing number of enterprise customers, such as Neiman Marcus, Bell Aliant, Staples, 1&1 Internet, Williams-Sonoma, Provinzial, Wayfair, REI, the University of Maryland and FC Bayern München. BloomReach is backed by investment firms Bain Capital Ventures, Battery Ventures, NEA, Salesforce Ventures and Lightspeed Ventures.
Our Bangalore team is a critical product development and innovation hub for the company, with many of the company’s key products and technology initiatives created and developed by the Bangalore team. BloomReach Commerce Search and Categories, which adapt your content to make it personal and relevant for individual users, was built entirely by the Bangalore team.
What our Engineering Managers do:
- Deal with massive scalability, chaos monkeys, huge data sets, parallel processing, and tough challenges at the cutting edge of today’s technology
- Work very closely with our technology focused management team solving technology challenges
- Oversee the architecture and design of our technically robust, flexible, and scalable solutions
- Work closely with our Product Management and Technical Services teams and enable them by providing scalable, high quality technology solutions
- Guide the team on coding practices, establish best practices for development, and encourage their adoption
- Inspire and mentor an excellent team of smart engineers by guiding them and removing roadblocks
- Perform regular performance evaluations and define career paths for the team and help them grow
What you’ve done:
- You have a BE/ME/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience managing and growing mid-to-large software engineering teams (5+ developers) as a people manager; experience as a hiring manager a plus
- Excellent programming discipline in data structures, complexity analysis, object oriented principles, and design patterns
- Experience leading an Agile development team with rapid iterations and well versed in communicating cross-functionally
- Experienced in providing recommendations on new and emerging technologies, technology prototypes, patent proposals, and engineering process improvements
- You are comfortable in a data-driven environment which we use to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability, and security of our products
- Experience in most, if not all of the following: Machine Learning, NLP, Elasticsearch, Map Reduce, AWS, Distributed Systems, Crawling, Indexing, and Data Science
Some of the projects we’ve worked on :
If this is you and you can prove it, we’re interested in talking to you about joining and leading our top-flight engineering team. To get the conversation started, send along a cool piece of code, a link to something you’ve built or a hack that you’re proud of. We can’t wait to have a look.