We are building and running the next generation of digital experiences. Will you join us?
Hippo, a BloomReach company, is a visionary in the content management software space. BloomReach is a leader in big-data commerce technology. Together, we are redefining digital experience by engineering the first open and intelligent DX platform, designed to help businesses deliver personalized content that their visitors value in any context and on any device.
You will architect and help develop our next generation platform, BloomReach Cloud. You’ll be working with technologies and concepts such as: Kubernetes, AWS, Redis, Elastic Search, agile, scalability, PaaS, SaaS, real-time monitoring, self-service, open source and automation. This role includes close collaboration with customers, partners and various BloomReach departments in order to create a truly groundbreaking product. The Cloud Engineer is part of a small, dedicated and cross-functional team, and owner of a large and diverse set of responsibilities to support BloomReach, its customers and its partners, and build infrastructure and tools to increase automation, improving efficiency of the engineering team.
The ideal candidate has
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English;
- A university degree (preferably in Computer Science or related field of study);
- Prioritization and analytical skills;
- Thorough understanding of, and extensive experience administering, Linux, Java (web)applications and at least one of Puppet, Chef and Ansible;
- Extensive programming experience for Enterprise Applications in programming language like Java;
- Understanding of networking, architecture and core web technologies like load balancing, web servers, HTTP, DNS, LDAP and SQL/NoSQL;
- Cloud (building) experience with technologies/services like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform;
- CI / CD experience (Continuous Integrations and Deployment).
- Development experience, any of the following languages will do, Go, Python, Ruby, with a strong preference for Go;
- Experience with running docker in production, if you know Kubernetes, Mesos even better;
- Experience with CoreOS, Redis, etcd is a huge bonus;
- Experience with monitoring, distributed logging and metrics, setting up configuring and analysing to spot problems;
- AWS product experience (ELB, EBS, RDS, S3, Route53, AMI users, etc);
- Experience with infrastructure as code from a provisioning side (terraform, cloudformation).
What we offer
A challenging position with lots of room for growth. Work in the heart of Amsterdam with a team of highly intelligent, international coworkers and the world’s most advanced digital experience product. You’ll love our flat, non-hierarchical structure, open(-source) mentality, our dedication to product excellence, and the incredible loyalty with which we value our team members.