Do you have a knack for figuring out how things work? We are looking for someone who combines deep technical knowledge with great people skills for the position of Solution Architect. Our ideal candidate has a background in web & application development and consultancy. If you have a talent for designing elegant solutions and explaining technical issues in plain language, we want to bring you on board to work with some of the world’s biggest and most innovative global brands.
- Work with business users and development teams to assess and define functional and technical requirements;
- Understand the current state of clients' technology to define opportunities that create business value;
- Work with architects, developers and project managers to define the technical architecture to ensure that the products and components work together;
- Fully understand the capabilities and limitations of various technical environments;
- Provide in depth knowledge of Hippo products to clients;
- Design and conduct workshops with ICT and business people;
- Initiate and execute code audits and reviews;
- Participate in the pre-sales process.
The ideal candidate
- Broad and deep technical experience of implementing and supporting large, complex multi-domain, multi-site server-based systems/networks, ideally within an external customer facing environment;
- Excellent knowledge in OO software architecture/design;
- Java/J2EE expert with at least 5 years hands-on programming experience;
- Experience in front-end technologies, UML and framework technologies;
- Must be acquainted with working according to standards and have a structured approach to design;
- Previous customer-facing experience, preferably working with business and technical users;
- Highly developed problem solving skills, creative thinking and proactive approach;
- Sound planning and organizational abilities;
- Strong improvement focus, ability to work in a fast-evolving and fast paced environment;
- Knowledge and experience of major CMS systems desired;
- Fluent English and Dutch language skills (verbal & written), German desirable;
- Open-minded, great communicator;
- Self-motivated, ability to pick up things quickly;
- Willingness to travel intensively to customer and partner sites in Europe and occasionally also beyond.
What we offer
A challenging position with lots of room for growth. Work in the heart of Amsterdam with a team of highly intelligent, international coworkers and the world’s most advanced digital experience product. You’ll love our flat, non-hierarchical structure, open(-source) mentality, our dedication to product excellence, and the fierce loyalty with which we value our team members.